Six months in and looking at other ladies' blogs, I can see their hair thickening up and changing; so I thought I'd give an update on what is happening with my own hair.
What's up with that? LOL, You'd think I'd been at them with a flat tong or something (and I haven't!)
Then there are these weirdos. LOL.
With the front of my hair restored, I've tried using my soft curlers again. However, I've noticed that my hair has not held the curl AT ALL.
Not a smidgeon.
Not even after being left in overnight.
It actually just came out looking straight(er than before)!!!
And no, I didn't use any product. Funnily enough, if I braid my hair overnight it holds the crimp, a crimpy curl too if I tucked the ends under! Go figure...
So basically, at 6 months my hair is
- still full of skinny little locs, although with the unravelled ends (like sprig), my hair looks fuller and bounces (which is cool).
- peppered through with lots of straight ends. A mystery I tell you.
- growing; I can see visible changes in my length and the sparse (bald) areas at my temples have given birth to 9 newbies.
- feeling different i.e. harder and drier (as opposed to feeling soft and springy almost like my double strand twists used to feel like).
- not locked up .. yet. (In fact, at the back it looks a bit matty! Oh no!)