Many people still question why I am self-employed? And I am frequently asked whether the obvious pay cut worth it?
Well, let me think. To answer that question, I must first consider the question:
"How do I measure my worth?"
No longer is my value printed in £ and p.
These days I consider the quality of my relationships - rather than the balance of my bank account.
I can't buy expensive shoes and designer hand bags but I CAN have days like this:
- have a lie in on a week day cos I've scheduled a day off
- attend story time at my son's school and read to him while he sits on my lap
- race with my son on his scooter to my daughter's nursery school.
- play hop scotch on the road with my kids on the way home while teaching them the road signs.
- jump out from behind a bush and scare Izzie Clarkley as she gets home from school.
- watch my kids & their school friends have a water gun fight in the garden while I cook them their dinner.
- listen to the birds chirping, children laughing as the sun sets while I lie in the hammock in my garden, sipping on my chamomile tea (cough rum)
We may not have excess, but we have enough and my kids are still clothed, fed and happy.
So you tell me.... was it worth it?
WELCOME TO THE TAPESTRY OF ME....
These are my words and this is my journey, from 'there to hair'!
My life, the lessons learned in and through love and loves ones; and my hair affairs.